Rhonda Thurston and her eight year old son lives in an apartment in Bronx, New York. Each day, once at home, she would experience constant coughing, red eyes and face, and itching in her upper body.
She had no clue what was causing these symptoms. When she entered her bedroom, she would always experience difficulty in breathing.
Her son later fell ill and was diagnosed with pneumonia, which led her to have the air in her apartment tested.
The results of the test revealed toxin in the air produced by molds.
But, where were these molds hiding?
There were none in site. Rhonda had, had a leak in her bedrooma year prior to her and her son’s symptoms.
The leak went untreated for two months. The floors of her bedroom were ripped out and BOOM!
There laid the molds.
I am pretty sure that you have heard about molds before, and the fact that it can make you sick, but what exactly are molds?
Molds are fungi.
The number of species ranges anywhere from tens of thousands to three hundred thousand and more, and they can be found indoors or outdoors.
Damp, oxygenated, warm and humid conditions are perfect for their growth. This explains the reason Rhonda had molds growing underneath the floors of her bedroom. These conditions also make it possible for molds to be grown in basements, showers, underneath kitchen sinks (especially if there is a leak), saunas, farms, greenhouse, summer cottages, flower shops and antique shops.
They spread and reproduce by making spores (reproductive cells). Even though said conditions are what molds live for, surprisingly, they can still survive in dry conditions which or not suitable for their growth.
For persons that have mold sensitivity, exposure to them may cause skin and eye irritation, wheezing and nasal stuffiness. On the other hand, exposure to molds by persons that are allergic to them may cause severe health issues such as fever, and shortness of breath.
In the event that an individual that has chronic lung illness becomes expose to molds, it is possible for them to develop mold infection in their lungs. Infants, children and the elderly are more susceptible to the effects of molds. With this said, it becomes clearer why Rhonda’s son developed pneumonia.
The Institute of Medicine (IOM), in 2004, found that there were enough evidence to prove a correlation between indoor exposure to molds, and respiratory tract symptoms, coughs and wheeze in persons that are presumed healthy; asthma symptoms in persons with asthma; hypersensitivity pneumonitis in individuals that are susceptible to immune-mediated condition.
Other research has shown a connection between early exposure of molds and asthma in young children, especially in children who may be genetically susceptible to asthma development.
The tens of thousands to three hundred thousand and more species of molds are divided into three categories.
Some of the most common molds that may be found in your home are:
In the prevention, and, or treatment of molds, controlling the conditions that foster their growth is paramount.Here are 8tips on how to get rid of or prevent molds:
Are toxic molds secretly making you sick? The only way to find out is to track them down and eliminate them.
Besides that, it is important to boost your immunity so that you can protect yourself against these molds. Go to the next page and learn about the nutrients that can boost your immune system –
About the Author:
Emma Deangela is the best selling author of The Alkaline Diet Program and 80/20 Fat Loss. She has helped over tens of thousands of men and women to lose weight and transform their health with sound nutrition advice. Learn how you can lose weight fast – How to lose weight by adding these alkaline foods.
Which wonderful friends in your life would appreciate this information about toxic molds?
Please help them by sharing this eye-opening article with each of them using any of the social media and email buttons below.